No products in the cart.
How to Make Eyes for Miniature Cat
Giving a little effort on making miniature cat eyes can give that realistic look on your miniature artwork and it gives little expression on your miniature cat. Here’s the list of materials and procedure on how to make miniature cat eyes.
- Lisa pavelka magic gloss
- Uv lamp (Optional) or sunlight
- Baking paper
- Hobby brush (Tinniest you can find)
- Acrylic colors
- Sculpey satin glaze
- Tiny polymer clay
- Make small cabonchons – drop a little bit of Lisa Pavelka Magic Gloss, about 2.5-3mm in diameter on a baking paper. You can make alot of them so you can choose 2 pieces that looks the same and have the same sizes.
- Let it cure within 10-20 minutes in your window where sunlight comes in or use a uv lamp to cure it (cures faster).
- When it’s cured and you have found 2 pieces that looks the same, press them up side down on a tiny piece of clay so that it holds the small cabonchons when you paint them.
- Use acrylic paints and paint black around the sides of the eyes.
- Paint the ‘pupil’ of the eyes and let it dry.
- Paint the rest of the eye color, depending on what color you want them to be. Try to mix some colors until your satisfied with it. Let it dry.
- Sealed the color with sculpey satin glaze.
- Let them dry!